New pads for me!

General Discussion where anything goes! (well, almost anything...)

New pads for me!

Postby VioletKonDuct » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:46 pm

I’ve known I need new pads for a while and was holding out for Christmas, but after bruising my knee through my knee pads last night, I can’t wait. I’ve had triple 8 since I started Derby 2 years ago, but think it’s time for an upgrade! I want something that protects me better AND has good velcro!! What are your recommendations?
VioletKonDuct

Re: New pads for me!

Postby NewYearsSlay » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:52 pm

I have been very happy with my TSG kneepads and plan to get them again. Mine are Force III but they make Force IVs now too which I think have padding that goes higher on the knee.
New Year's Slay #26
Grievance Committee
NewYearsSlay

Postby Cirque » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:38 pm

I have ProDesign knee pads ever since I tore my PCL a couple years ago, they are custom fit to your knees measurements and have really good padding. I use their mini-rockstar-PD-knee pads, because their full sized ones are massive. (http://www.prodesigned.com/details/derb ... kstar.html).
Cirque du Slay #111
Cirque

Postby TheBigEasy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:54 am

If you can afford Slay’s or Cirque’s options get them, they’re excellent.

If you can’t, I really like my Smith. With gaskets it’s like falling on kittens. They’re about $40/$50 on Amazon if you aren’t picky about colors. They pay for returns too if they don’t fit. I despise their elbow pads though.

Smith Safety Gear Elite Hypno Knee Pads, Rasta, X-Small https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KRBLMOA/re ... iAb1Z1R81Y
Mo
TheBigEasy

Postby VioletKonDuct » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:09 pm

So now that i have ordered knee pads I also need elbow pads and wrist guards. I don't hate my triple 8s, but the velcro SUCKS!!! I bought new wrist guards in April and the velcro has been shot for about two months now. I want some with better vecro, unless all the velcro sucks and then I'll just replace the velcro myself and keep the wrist guards I have. Have to replace the elbow pads for sure!
VioletKonDuct

Return to Free Skate