QuadWheel Cup volunteer form

Links to derby in the press, other leagues, or anything derby related that you want to share.

QuadWheel Cup volunteer form

Postby KTwrex » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:03 pm

Hey guys!

Here is the link for the QuadWheel cup volunteer form.

https://goo.gl/forms/f3yold8aUiUVlA863

All volunteer event forms are sent out by email as well as being posted here and on Facebook. If you are not receiving the volunteer emails and would like to be added, PM me your email address.

Thanks!
KT
KTwrex

Re: QuadWheel Cup volunteer form

Postby NewYearsSlay » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:45 pm

Can the intro be updated? (e.g. fourth annual; six teams (SlytherWIN, SCUFFLEpuff, RavenBRAWL, GryffinSCORE, DurmSTRONG, and BeauxBATTLE))
New Year's Slay #26
Grievance Committee
NewYearsSlay

Postby Cirque » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:10 pm

If we're making changes anyways, can we please stop using the term "Birth name" in our CCRG forms of all kinds? I suggest that we use the term 'legal name' instead.

I'm personally sensitive to it because my birth name has the last name of my abusive father, and there's no reason CCRG needs to know this name if I've gone through all the legislative effort to change my legal name. I know that there's no mal-intentions on the part of CCRG, but it's a little kick in the gut for me every time I have to write it. I imagine individuals who are transgendered might feel the same annoyance as me, not wanting to put their birth name as it would likely misgender them. I assume that these individuals, I know I do, just put our legal names anyways and not our birth names, but every time I see it it reminds me of my birth name (which isn't a pleasant experience for me.)

Since I'm sensitive to it I thought I'd bring it up, but I'm not trying to blame anyone in particular, I would just like for our terminology to be updated.
Cirque du Slay #111
Cirque

Postby Cirque » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:11 pm

NewYearsSlay wrote:Can the intro be updated? (e.g. fourth annual; six teams (SlytherWIN, SCUFFLEpuff, RavenBRAWL, GryffinSCORE, DurmSTRONG, and BeauxBATTLE))

The time is different this year as well, we end at 7:30, rather than 5:30.
Cirque du Slay #111
Cirque

Postby KillEasy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:58 pm

I think that's a good point, Cirque. My birth name and my legal name are different, but this isn't anything I would have thought about. I think it's important we ask the right questions to get the right answers.
Kill Easy
Off the board :)
KillEasy0@gmail.com
KillEasy

Postby MissChainsaw » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:38 pm

That's not something I had ever thought about Cirque! I am in support, my birth name and legal name also do not match (for similar reasons) and I also just always gloss over it and put my legal name without a second thought, but it would def be much more accurate to say legal name, especially since the purpose of putting it at all is to match records or whatever, and the records will have whatever your legal name is at that point in time.
Missy! (Aka Kita!)
MissChainsaw

Return to It's what we're aBOUT!