Derby Baby

Links to derby in the press, other leagues, or anything derby related that you want to share.

Derby Baby

Postby Kat » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:07 pm

http://www.derbynewsnetwork.com/live/ev ... pet_and_qa

Elle A., PeeWee & Ida's red carpet interview @ Derby Baby premiere

They are at 6:00 if you wana skip ahead (Ozzie & Cherry are on the video earlier).
Kat

Re: Derby Baby

Postby Ida Backoff » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:31 pm

Ida Backoff

Postby KellsInferno » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:43 pm

Yay ladies!!!

So, how was the movie??
KellsInferno

Postby Ida Backoff » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:30 pm

It was a fun day. The movie itself was ok. Not great not terrible. I did not see it as being that much different than the Rat City doc. The same basic concept as most other movies, the exception being that since this one is current it did not shine excessive light on the wacky stuff that went on in the early years of the reincarnation. It was very professional and positive but a film better made for the general public then the derby girl. That being said the producer was a mom of three young girls who saw whip it and got real excited so mom takes them to a bout and her film maker journey begins, so it makes sense that it was like that.

Interesting thing I learned was more about Charlotte Speed Demons and the way they are set up. Got to meet more of their skaters and two of theeir owners, I had already met a handful of them at GDD but did not know anything about their business structure.

All in all it was fun but I think I expected a bit more from it given the write up on derby life.

But the weekend as an entire package was so much fun!! Learned lots at the workshop, had fun, and met lots of awesome skaters! Plus Taz and Little Bit were at day two of the camp and you know I love me some butch awesomeness.
Ida Backoff

Postby KellsInferno » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:15 pm

Bummer the movie did not meet expectations....although I have not seen a lot/maybe none at all of the other derby movies, so maybe I should see this one?! ; )

Super jealous of the workshop you ladies got to do this weekend.

Little Bit? You mean Little A? :lol:
KellsInferno

Postby Ida Backoff » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:49 pm

Yes, that is what I meant, I was thinking of something else. The Alzheimers is creeping in.

If you have not seen the others you will definetly like this. If you can see it in your area I highly suggest you go.
Ida Backoff

Return to It's what we're aBOUT!