How do I choose wheels? + tools??

New to the forums or to CCRG? Introduce yourself here and learn more about CCRG, roller derby, rules, skates, and equipment!

How do I choose wheels? + tools??

Postby feuervogel » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:13 pm

Civil loaned me her skates, and she needs them back, so now I have Sylvia's old pair, and I need wheels. Civil's skates have wheels that are around 93A, and I'm pretty comfortable with those. The ones Sylvia loaned me are 88A, but since I don't have bearings yet, I can't try them and see how I feel about those.

So I went to Amazon, and holy pants there are a lot of wheels. So many brands. How do I know which brands are worth buying vs useless crap?

Also - do I need to buy a bearing press? What skate tool should I buy?

If I place my order(s) by tomorrow (Sunday), hopefully I'll have everything in time for Saturday practice.
Conni
MurderBaby fall 2017
feuervogel

Re: How do I choose wheels? + tools??

Postby TheBigEasy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:59 am

I don't know what your budget is like but if you are strapped for cash I bought Atom Trak Atak wheels from roller skate nation. They're on a closeout sale. You get 8 wheels for $30. I got the 95a and 97a and I'm very satisfied. Ridiculously cheap for a good wheel brand. USE PAYPAL!

http://www.rollerskatenation.com/closeo ... eels/8053/
Mo
TheBigEasy

Re: How do I choose wheels? + tools??

Postby feuervogel » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:58 pm

They seem to only have the 97 right now, but $30 for a full set is definitely in the range where I'll try them and see how I feel. Thank you :D
Conni
MurderBaby fall 2017
feuervogel

Return to Newbie Central